Start with a Dream, Finish with a Future
As part of our learning strategy, Shyam University affirms a list of attributes and qualities to be found in the Shyam Graduate. These goals for the best educational experience we could offer to our students included the characteristics of being an active citizen who respects diversity and an educated person who is ‘culturally agile and able to work in multinational settings’.
It is the University’s conviction that being part of an international community is itself an education, and that when students make the most opportunities to learn from those who are different to themselves, they gain insights they would not experience any other way. For us, diversity is an asset.
The role of University is to acknowledge that people have genuine concerns and difficulties – and to work on solutions to these – but also to be a place of diversity, openness, inclusion and welcome.
As a university, we are in many ways an experimental country to bring international perspectives into the educational experience. For us, it is a moral voyage with an emphasis on innovation and putting knowledge to service. And if it isn’t, we will fall far short of what we can be. And we will fail to answer questions from students and society about what a university is for at a time of change and limited resource.
Our University shows what an international community can and should be a place of diversity in which talents are brought together to do good in our world.
Some of the leaders of the future are with us at Shyam now and takes is to make the very most of them being amongst us. Let’s learn, form and teach one another about our hope for a future society typified by talent, respect, and international collaboration.
Shyam University Goals
Working closely from the Institutional Mission Statement, Shyam University specifies eight long-term goals in an attempt to achieve the society’s mission. The eight goals are as follows :
To enroll, retain and graduate a diverse student body composed in individuals who have a high potential for academic success.
- To provide baccalaureate, Masters and Doctorate degree programs that prepare students for productive careers and provides them the intellectual, cultural and ethical foundations necessary to contribute to a changing global community.
- To attract and retain a diverse and highly qualified faculty and staff.
- To develop and enhance in the institution a tradition of excellence in teaching and concern for students.
- To provide a supportive, safe and secure academic environment that stimulates a sense of community.
- To provide responsive, effective and efficient services needed to support exemplary academic and public service programs.
- To gorge alliances with universities of international repute, that would enable the delivery of that university’s academic degree programs in foreign countries.
- To develop, provide leadership for, and participate in, initiatives of the global higher Education community that are consistent with the role and purpose of the institution.
Shyam University Plans
Shyam University (through any of its group institutions) shall maintain academic linkages and partnerships with accredited institutions of high learning based in the United State of America, Australia, and the United Kingdom.